Do you have any idea who sent the first email? Or how many times every day do we check our email? Stay with us for 15 shocking facts about email marketing.
Can you fathom a world without email? We can’t either, and billions of people throughout the world feel the same way. It’s not just because we adore email. We also need it at business and to communicate with coworkers and friends. Not to add that email is required for any online account we choose to create!
But what exactly do we know about email? Who invented it, and how will it evolve? The trivia we gathered provides answers to these and other topics.
Read Also: What Is Vlogging And How Can You Start?
Shocking Facts About Email Marketing
1. The first email was sent in 1971. Ray Tomlinson, the man who created the ARPANET email program, sent the message to himself and got it on a computer directly next to him.
2. According to Internet Live Stats, about 2,8 million emails are sent per second.
3. People check their email approximately 15 times every day.
4. Email is the preferred mode of communication for 86% of professionals.
5. The average office worker receives 122 emails each day and sends out 40 business emails per day.
6. Only 14% of the emails a person receives on a daily basis are deemed important.
7. In the United States, mobile devices are used to read 66 percent of email.
8. The iPhone is the most popular mobile device for email openings.
9. Remember this if you send newsletters: according to various studies, Tuesday is the best day of the week to send an email. However, conduct your own testing till you determine what your target audience prefers.
10. In 2016, consumer email accounts constituted the vast majority (79%) of US email accounts.
11. In 2016, consumer email accounts constituted the vast majority (79%) of US email accounts.
12. People have an average of 1.8 accounts per user. How many have you got?
13. The percentage of Americans that check their email is as follows:
- while driving: 18%
- in bed: 50%
- in the bathroom: 40%
- on vacation: 79%
What Are The Most Mind-Boggling Email Statistics?
14. In 2015, the total number of emails sent and received worldwide was more than 205 billion per day.
This figure climbed throughout 2016 and 2017 and is expected to rise even further in 2018. It will have reached over 246 billion emails by the end of 2019!
15. This figure climbed throughout 2019 and 2020 and is expected to rise even further in 2021. It will have reached over 246 billion emails by the end of 2022!
How rapidly does your email list deteriorate?
Given the volume of global email traffic, you are undoubtedly wondering: How can I ensure that I reach out to people?
Making the first touch is critical whether you send cold emails or utilize email marketing to increase sales.
Spam filters have changed, which may have an impact on your email deliverability. Furthermore, according to Marketing Sherpa data, 22.5 percent of your B2B email list goes bad every year. As a result, you may find yourself in the following situations:
- Paying to email users who no longer read your messages jeopardizes your sender reputation and inbox placement.
Maybe it’s time to clean out your email list.
Several factors influence your sender score and the amount of emails sent to your subscribers’ inboxes. One of the most significant?
Email hygiene is the process of ensuring that your list contains only valid and active email addresses.
It not only demonstrates that you adhere to email marketing best practices. However, it also enables you to target your communication more effectively, towards actual persons.
Allow an email list cleaning system to screen out all problematic addresses before scheduling your next email campaign. A strong, accurate email list is the foundation of great email marketing.